Lebanon Youth Football & Cheer (LYFC) may grant registration fee scholarships to children who without this financial assistance would not be able to participate in our program. Lebanon Youth Football & Cheer scholarship program focuses on providing opportunities for area youth to participate because of the physical, mental, and character-training benefits this program can provide. Scholarships are only available to cover the cost of registration and are not available to cover any additional costs (uniforms, equipment, tournaments, etc.) unless registration fee includes uniforms and/or equipment.
The scholarship committee, which includes the LYFC Board, will consider all complete applications received by the application deadline for any low-income household, with proof of said income. The amount of the scholarship awarded (if any) may be a partial or full scholarship depending on the number of applicants, and amount of scholarship funds available. Scholarships will be awarded one per registrant and are only valued for one sport at a time, therefore, individuals must reapply for each sport in which they are requesting assistance. Scholarships are limited to two (2) per age group, per sport and awarded on a first come first served basis with the limitation of one (1) scholarship per household. For multiple player low-income households, the payment plan option can be exercised.
LYFC is a non-profit organization with a very limited amount of funding available for scholarship athletes. No guarantee of assistance is implied within this application.
Requirements for eligibility:
• Athlete must be between the age requirements for sport in which scholarship is being requested.
• Commitment to attend a minimum of 80% of scheduled practices and games.
• Participation by an adult family member in at least 10 hours of voluntary service to LYFC during the sport
season. Volunteer work will be under the direction of the LYFC Board Members.
** Note** This is in addition to the 5 hours required to satisfy the volunteer requirements for all families.
• Application must be completed by a parent, guardian, or head of household, with all requested information provided. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The application is on the following page.
• Families are required to participate in any fundraisers offered by the program.
• Scholarship requests must be submitted to LYFC no later than two (2) weeks prior to the regular registration
• Complete the Youth Athletic Scholarship Application Form, which must be signed by a parent/guardian.
• The LYFC Board will contact you one week prior to regular registration end date.
• Scholarship application approval will be based on verification of financial need and availability of scholarship
Other Important Information:
• Scholarships will be provided on a first-come, funding and space available basis.
• Transportation to programs is not provided.
• Scholarships are limited to a total of one (1) registration fee, per sport, per child, per family and two (2) per age
• The LYFC Scholarship program is dependent entirely upon donations to provide scholarships. • The Board’s decision should be considered final.
Consideration will be given to eligible youth meeting one or more of the criteria below. The more information you can provide us the better able we will be to determine hardship. A written request is required.
• Receiving assistance from programs such as: Food Stamps, Medicaid, SSI, Foster Care, WIC, etc. (Must provide written documentation of participation in these programs).
• Written recommendation by school representatives, social workers, family, or friend of the family.
• Documentation demonstrating an immediate financial hardship.
Lebanon Youth Football & Cheer does not discriminate based on gender, race, class, economic status, ethnic background, sexual orientation, physical ability, or cultural and religious backgrounds.lebanon youth football cheer scholarship program.pdf